Thursday, January 15, 2015

Practice Post



Practice blog

I. Chloe Hendricks
II. Coaching motivated me to teach
III.  Technology advancements
IV. Cheerleading (photo attached)
V.  School Spirit

I.          Who am I?
a.              My name is Chloe Hendricks and this is my 6th semester in college but only my 2nd here at the University of South Alabama. My major is elementary education. At my junior college, Pensacola State College, I received my Associates Degree in education. However, being a Florida degree, I lost 26 credits when I transferred here. My decision for coming to U.S.A. was based solely on the fact that I wanted to be a cheerleader for the university. I’m more than okay with losing and making up credits if it means I get to live out my dream of cheerleading for a university.
a.     I’ve previously lived in Birmingham, Pensacola, and Mobile. Out of the three, Pensacola is what I call home. I spent 15 years total in Pensacola, Florida. I love the beach life and everything about living on the Florida coast. My career plan is to obtain a degree here at U.S.A. and thereafter turn it into a Florida degree and be a teacher there.
      
b.              Why I want to enter the field of education
a.     Since 2012, I have worked as a tumbling instructor at a cheerleading gym where I was also a cheerleader. I’ve coached kids ages 5 all the way up to 18. The thrill of teaching a child something and watching them get better was one of the most rewarding feelings I’ve ever felt. Sometimes I felt like I was more excited about the child learning a new skill than they were.  I want to turn this part-time job into a full time profession. Though it won’t be cartwheels and backflips, I’m excited to be able to teach children more vital things like reading and math.
c.               Educator’s work entails in the 21st century
a.     My mother has been a teacher for 20 something years. Her expectations leaving college and entering the education workforce were definitely different than mine will. In today’s age, we have to be tech savvy to children who had their baby picture taken on an Iphone. In saying this, I'm making a point that these children will grow up with technology all around them. As a teacher, I will need to be able to use all different kinds of technology to keep the children engaged.
d.              Passion in a picture 


a.  My passion is cheerleading. It has been for the past 11 years. The picture attached is my favorite picture ever taken of me while competing on the stage in front of the audience and judges. Every time I look at this picture it takes me right back into the thrill and enjoyment of that moment. Something that I would like to get better at is getting motivated to working out and staying in shape.

    V.           There’s not too much else to me. I am a cheerleader here at the Universtiy of South Alabama and very devoted to making good grades and staying active with my school! Go jags!

No comments:

Post a Comment