Saturday, January 17, 2015

Blog Post 1




Blog post 1: What about EDM310?

I. Dedication to class
II. Keeping up with work
III. EDM310 vs. EDM2030
IV. Staying up to date
V. Stay organized
VI. Don't have many questions
I.                 I haven’t really heard too much about EDM310. I do recall however in my art class last semester hearing some students have a brief conversation about it. All I remember is that they said it was really hard for them to keep up with all the things they were required to do for the class. I know I have a tendency to get caught up in everything I have to do and let some things slip my mind, so I will definitely have to dedicate a good amount of time to this class.
II.               Some of my fears are basically just staying on track and keeping up with the work. Being a cheerleader, staying in shape, keeping up a decent social life AND keeping up with all my class can get extremely overwhelming at times, however, it is not impossible. Yeah, I’ll probably have to sacrifice a party or two to keep my grades where they need to be, but in the end it will definitely be worth it.
III.             At my junior college I took a class called EDM2030. I thought for sure it would count to replace this class but it did not. It was an education based computer class just like this. We didn’t learn the basics of how to use a computer, but how to implement different things to help us in the classroom later. I was upset that I’m going to basically be taking (and paying for) the exact same class that I previously passed with an A, but after looking into what we’ll be doing, it will be good to learn even more technology resources to use in the classroom.
IV.             The most difficult thing by far will be time management and keeping up with the work. I’m afraid that there’ll come a time in the semester where I’ll let an assignment slip my mind, but I need to do my best to stay organized and turn everything in on time. I will definitely have to sacrifice some time with my friends and probably a couple hours of sleep, but in order to stay on track and maintain the GPA I want, I must go above and beyond the average student’s work ethic.
V.               I don’t really have any questions about the course right now, but I know I will. I’ve always been that students that asks a million questions but I just really like being well informed and knowing that what I’m doing is correct and on track.

1 comment:

  1. Chloe, I agree that this class will be a large time constraint. Also, just as you stated I tend to let time get away from me and forget that i had an assignment due. With the emphasis that Mr. Tashbin and Dr. Strange have put on the assignments and blog posts I feel that will make it easier to remember what is due and stress the fact that there is a strict due date. I do have a few comments on your post. Be careful on using contractions, those are very informal language. Also, pictures are to be added to each post. I myself forgot on blog post number 1 but it is outlined in the requirements for post. With that being said, I enjoyed seeing that other people heard whispers of how difficult this class is going to be and has the same nervous feeling. Thankfully we have groups that can also help with blogs and assignments in addition to our group projects.

    ReplyDelete