Saturday, March 14, 2015

C4T Summary

The teacher I was assigned to was Mr. Utecht. He is an awesome guy and actually had his own Ted Talk one time. The first post I commented on was titled "Community Trumps Content". It was a video of him talking about the restrictions schools put on social forums at school. It was a really great video and really opened my mind on the subject. Students can learn so much from other students from other schools but we limit everything they can do on the computer at school. After watching the video, I believe there should be an educational social forum where students can discuss ideas, topics, and even get to know one another appropriately. The second post I commented on was titled "10 Ways to Use Google Maps in the Classroom". I'd never thought about it before but it's actually an awesome idea. Some of the ideas were to make a longitude/latitude scavenger hunt, create tours in different countries with voiceover so people could get a virtual tour, and even create routes with facts about stops on the way. I like this because you could use it from early elementary school all the way up to the high school level.

No comments:

Post a Comment