Friday, February 13, 2015

Blog Post 5

PLN's


A PLN, or a Personal Learning Network, is an amazing resource to help you expand your knowledge and ideas while also giving your own to virtually anyone. My favorite thing from all the resources was a quote by Michael Fawcett in his YouTube video Michael Fawcett Discusses his PLN. He said, “[t]hey’ve given me opportunities to communicate and to connect and to collaborate in ways that just weren’t there for us a year ago.” Granted Mr. Fawcett published this video in 2010, it really shows how opening your eyes to a new resource can be very beneficial for everyone involved.

As far as my PLN progress is going, I’m on my way to figuring it out. I have my EDM310 blog which is a great resource. If I were to put that on my resume, I feel like principals would be impressed with my experience with technology and all the resources I’ve looked into. Also, I have a personal story about PLN’s. I’ve been a competitive cheerleader for 8 years now and I made a twitter page about 4 years ago. In these past 4 years, I have met so many amazing cheerleaders from all over the country. Some of these people I consider my best friends. Through our mutual interest in cheerleading and also having a twitter page, I was able to find these awesome people and get to hang out with them at the big national competitions we all attend. One day, I will leave cheerleading behind me and step into the professional world of teaching. When that day comes, I know I can use Twitter as a PLN to help me find other teachers the way it has helped me find countless cheer friends.








2 comments:

  1. Chloe,

    I really enjoyed reading your post, because you talked about your personal experiences with PNLs. I think Twitter is a great resource, because like you said, it is easy to find people who have many of the same interests. I have followed some teachers on Twitter and have already seen some very interesting things from their posts. I am sure that whenever you decide to use Twitter as a PLN for teaching that you will learn about many new and intriguing things! Good luck with all of your cheering and also with your school work!

    -Emily

    ReplyDelete