Monday, February 23, 2015

C4K


So far I have commented on four student’s blogs. One of them was actually pretty funny and I’m glad I got to read it. The first was a book report on Percy Jackson the Lightning Thief. He just explained what the book was about and it was overall a good post. I talked about my history of taking mythology courses and asked him if he knew anything about Greek mythology prior to reading the post. The next one was a kid talking about a science experiment he did one time. The post has some spelling and grammar issues and I politely suggested he proofread more carefully next time. The 3rd one was a girl talking about her passion for soccer. It was very cute and reminded me of my own passion for the sport I love. The last one was hands down my favorite. It was actually about a dog dying so it was sad but the kid was a high-schooler and the way he wrote it was so funny. The title was “My Dog Tequila R.I.P” so that right there made me raise one eyebrow. He explained that his dog ran in front of a car and that he was very sad about it. He ended it with “That’s bae. That’s bae forever.” Bae is a slang term people use to refer to someone they really care for. It doesn’t sound as funny now typing it but just read it for yourself. My Dog Tequila R.I.P. Obviously I didn't laugh or anything in the comment, I expressed my condolences and told him I've never had a pet so I couldn't imagine what it must feel like.



No comments:

Post a Comment