Sunday, February 22, 2015

Blog Post 6

I learned a lot of new things I can implement in my classroom after watching the resources given in this assignment. But one in particular stood out to me. This would be iCurio in the resource iCurio: Conversations with Anthony by Dr. Strange. This is an awesome tool that I didn't know even existed. This gives students the ability to search the web freely while also filtering out things that they don't need to see. The students can also start learning how to organize themselves online. It gives them the chance to learn how to organize websites, images, and videos so that they never lose a source they found and can very easily come back to use it. Here, they can start learning how to make virtual folders and what to place in them and how to arrange them. This is very important because I didn't learn how to do that until early high school. Anthony listed many features it has like Timeline or Historical Figure directory and I'm curious to explore it and learn more about this resource. Anthony said this was good for practically any grade level so no matter where I end up, I could use this. iCurio was by far my favorite resource given to us in this assignment.


No comments:

Post a Comment